As part of our ongoing work to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing we were approached to launch a monthly show on Black Country Xtra radio. Unmuted, is a show led by young people for young people and aims to make some noise for mental health. Our show provides a platform to connect with other young people through music, interviews and fun debates.
Our team of hosts and content creators range from 11-16 years old. Each show is created to highlight key themes and we are incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to interview some incredible people. Our previous guests have included:
- Hope Virgo, award winning mental health campaigner
- Elliot Stewart, Paralympic Silver Judo Medallist
- InPower Academy
- Warren’s Hall Riding School
- Sandwell Young People’s Services
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Mala Llama
- PolarBear, spoken word artist
- West Midlands Police Cadets
- Alison Cope, Anti-Violence Campaigner
- Simeon Beckett, West End Performer
If you would like to tune in, you can download the BCR app or listen using the link below:
You can also listen back for up to 7 days on demand by scanning the QR Code below.