In Year 10
- You will continue to use Unifrog, an online careers resource. Unifrog will give you all the information you need to make important decisions about future careers and what subjects, courses and training you can do to reach your career destination. If you are unsure of what careers you might be interested in, Unifrog can give ideas based on what you like and dislike. You can also discover what careers your subjects can lead to. Unifrog is packed with information on what employers are looking for, what you can earn and what qualifications you will need for a particular career.
- You will start your preparation for work experience by creating a CV and personal statement.
- You will undertake work experience for one week in July
- You will take part in a variety of activities – e.g. university visits to see what life is like.
In Year 11
- You will continue to use Unifrog.
- You will be given the opportunity of a one to one interview with the visiting Careers Adviser from Connexions Sandwell or Mr P Stafford
Options After Year 11
Sixth Form or College? BTECs or ‘A’ Levels?
There is no right or wrong answer to these questions, just a need to research all options. ‘A’ Levels are academic qualifications which you can study in a number of different subjects and are mainly examination based. Alternatively, BTECs tend to be more vocational and are mainly assessed through coursework.
When deciding where to study it is important to be realistic and to think about what course and environment will suit your learning style, ambitions and academic ability best. The Sandwell Council website provides information about your choices post-16 on its Keep on Learning After 16 Page